Monday, November 4, 2013

The Father’s Love by Dave Moore

The Father’s Love by Dave Moore

Biography

My name is Dave Moore and I am the author of this award winning, amazing true story of my cross-country search for my missing son David and how I found my faith in God. You will be drawn into this story and experience every parent’s worst nightmare-a missing child. It will change the way you relate to your children, and will testify to the love, omnipotence, omniscience, and omnipresence of God. I wrote this story of "The Father's Love" to tell the world about the frantic search for my missing son and the complete transformation of my family because of the miracle working power of God and prayer.
Dave Moore is a chaplain serving through the Church of God in Ypsilanti, Michigan. Dave volunteers to pray with the sick and the lost in hospitals, nursing homes, prison, and jails. He is married to the love of his life, Dorinda, and has three sons, Shane, Adam, and David. 

My Book Revew
Jackie Paulson purchases this book on August 05, 2013. 

The Father’s Love by Dave Moore is a true story about a Father’ Love to find his son, when one day his son David left his home, leaving a note at the age of 19.  You must understand that Dave Moore was not raised in any sort of church or spiritual community.
On Day One while working at the warehouse Dave Moore did what he always did; worked hard, do his job, and get home.  Around dinner time Dorinda (his wife) went to check for David in his room only to find a note and the sentence that caught my emotions most was, “It is just the fact that I don’t know how to handle my current situation, every bird has to leave the nest sometime my time is now.”  With that said, my heart sank because readers of this book could definitely relate to this situation.  In a frantic state, Dave Moore went on a mission to find his son with little to go on but nevertheless left that moment to search. 
The pages are filled with the heartfelt tears of any parent’s nightmare when a child leaves the home especially unexpected. During his search Dave Moore made a “deal” with God.  He said, “God, I want to always be part of the solution, never part of the problem again.  If you will save my son, I will serve you for the rest of my life.  I will never leave you; I will always be part of the solution ever part of the problem again.”  (Page 85).

No comments:

Post a Comment