Tuesday, December 9, 2014

My Bangkok Story by Eric Lim

My Bangkok Story by Eric Lim

First let me share that the author asked me to be the first person to buy his book and review it for all of you. It is a pleasure as an experienced book reviewer on Amazon and other social networking sites to give you an overview of this book.
Back in 1966, news of a missing American from Bangkok on holiday in the Cameron Highlands, Malaysia hit the headlines. He disappeared without a trace and was never found. Back then, the name Jim Thompson meant little to me. Still that incident led to Eric Lim's journey to Bangkok. Right then I knew this was a book I wanted to read because of the compassion and passion that Eric had to find out more about what really happened. True stories area always a type of book most readers enjoy.
Eric Lim first arrived in Thailand in 1985, he was not sure where to live or what to do but had an intuitive notion to be there. In the 1990s as a visitor a Thai friend drove him around the city and we passed the Democracy Monument. As the trauma of Black Sept 1992 fresh into his being, he knew it was destiny to find out more. "So many people have died here. Why don't we learn from history?"
Finally in 2003 he met his dream by living in Thailand to learn about the landmarks in the city and the landmarks in Thai history. Thailand was never colonized and Eric Lim has often wondered how this European architecture ended up there? He wanted to learn about the monument and who and what it was for.

My research and travels have helped me to uncover the historical and cultural treasure. Eric Lim had no idea he would write a book about it. Eric Lim wants to share with you as he journeyed into a world that you may treasure as he has. This book and what he learned began Eric Lim's own website for the "Tour Bangkok Legacies" for all of the reader who wish to adventure into a world shared by my firsthand knowledge. © 2014 Jackie Paulson

No comments:

Post a Comment